225g castor sugar
275g self raising sugar
2 level teaspoons of baking powder
4 large eggs
4 tablespoons of milk
finely grated rind of 2 lemons
For the crunchy topping
175g granulated sugar
juice of 2 lemons
1. Preheat the oven TO 160C or Gas 3. Grease and line a 12"x9" traybake tin.
2. Put all ingredient's into a large bowl and beat until blended. Pour mixture into prepared tin and level top.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 min or until golden and shrinking away from the tin.
4. Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then place on a cooling rack over a tray, to catch any drips.
5. For the crunchy topping, mix the granulated sugar with the lemon juice and spoon over the cake whilst still warm. Cut into squares when cool.
|Well it would be rude not to use my present|