Sunday, 18 March 2012
Mother's Day Cupcakes
100g softened butter
150g self raising flour
150g castor sugar
2 large eggs
3 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, fan 160C or gas 4. Put muffin cases into a 12 hole muffin tin.
2. Measure all ingredients into a large bowl and beat until smooth (make sure you have really soft butter to avoid lumps in your mixture)
3. Spoon mixture evenly between the muffin cases.
4. Bake in oven for 20-25 min or until golden.
5. Once cooled you can ice them.
I used 100g softened butter mixed with 225g sieved icing sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 2 drops of red food colouring to make the icing a pale peach colour. When icing I put a few drops of food colouring down the side of the bag, this makes the icing take on a two tone effect when piping. I then sprinkled them with edible glitter.