Sorry again for no Florence's favourites yesterday, to make up for it this is one of our favourite Sunday roasts, it will be perfect for this Easter weekend if you've got the family round. It's great because it can just be left, while you go out for a walk with the family.
It's taken from Jamie Oliver's recipes-
2kg Pork Shoulder- its better if the bone is still in but not necessary.
Salt and Pepper
Vegetables for roasting- I use Parsnip, Carrot, Onion and some Potatoes.
1. Preheat your oven to 220C or Gas 7
2. Rub salt into the skin, making sure that you get into all the score marks.
3. Season the bottom of the Pork shoulder with both Salt and Pepper, place in a roasting tin skin side up for half an hour, until the skin starts to puff up.
4. Turn the oven down to 170C or Gas 3
5. Cover the Pork snugly with foil and roast for a further 4 and a half hours.
6. After this time, remove the Pork from the tin to a chopping board, take some of the fat out of the tin if your doing your roast potatoes separately.
7. Add all the veg to the tray, place the Pork on top of the veg and return to the oven for a further hour without the foil.
8. Serve with all the veg and any extras you want. (We like cabbage and bacon!!)